The outline below should give you a general idea of how the content in your book should be organized. There are no hard-and-fast rules governing this stuff, but most books are ordered as follows:
- Title page – Include the book title and author name.
- Copyright page – At the very least, this page should include this: “Copyright © 2012 by Tristan Higbee. All rights reserved.” (With your name replacing mine, obviously.) This is also the place to acknowledge or caption any cover artwork. Here is a good list of what else you could include on the copyright page.
- Dedication page
- Table of contents
The body of the book
- Main content of the book (i.e., the chapters)
- Appendices/Further reading
- Other books by the author/About the author
Header image: gfpeck